Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Forward

My name is Nitro, and I am a Warmage.
 A little bit about myself and a little bit on Warmages before I continue.
 Nitro of course, is not my real or True name. It would be foolish of me indeed to write and tell anyone who I really am. For one thing, if my enemies learned my true identity they could do a lot of harm to my friends and family. Possibly using them against me. And if a Wizard, Sorcerer or other spellcaster learned my True name, well lets just say I don't want to be anyone's Bitch.
 I will tell you my Mother was a Sorceress and my Father was a Soldier in a long dead Baron's army. Apparently she charmed him, and not with a spell. They were married and retired from adventuring to raise a family. As I grew they both wanted me to follow in their steps. I was smart enough. I was strong enough. I had the force of will to be a Sorcerer if I so desired.
 I decided to make both my parents happy and entered into a military collage as a Warmage.
 A Warmage is a spellcaster trained to do magic while wearing armor, using a shield and swinging weapons. Most practitioners of the Arcane Arts cannot use their magic while so encumbered because it interferes with their concentration. We don't use Spellbooks like a Wizard. The magic is not in our blood like a sorcerer. It is engraved in our minds. The Training is rigorous and hard... to make us ready for War...
 When I graduated from the Academy I decided to return to the town of my birth. A small community by the name of Thornkeep. My parents have long since relocated from there as it is no place to raise a family. It looks like a good place to make a name for myself.
 And this is where my story begins....

1 comment: