Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day Ten, Evening

  When I arrived at the Battle Temple earlier today I found Skylar and Abrandon up and moving about. They had made a complete recovery. Abrandon was very excited and had the whole temple excited about his 'divine intervention ' and hearing the 'voice' of his God. ( I didn't have the heart to tell him it was my voice he heard in his ear)
  Mordin was laid out on a white marble slab with candles and incense about his person. He was breathing but unconscious. I asked the Priest what was going on and he replied he was preparing to try and call Mordin's soul back to his body. Which was apparently flying around somewhere near since I had killed the Wight who sucked it out of him. The only problem was the spell components cost a fortune and the Priest wanted compensation we did not have.
  After some negotiations the priest agreed to do the spell if the five of us each owed him a favor. ( Yes I am a little leery of this but I need Mordin for some of my long range plans and agreed reluctantly ) Each of the us said yes and the Priest cast his spell.
  After several minutes  I witnessed a glowing, spectral light enter Mordin's body and he awoke. He was very weak and a little traumatized but the priest assured us he would make a full recovery in a few days. I sure hope he is not suffering from what we call spellshock at the academy. Sometimes the bravest soldiers go crazy under extreme combat situations.
  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment