Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day Four, Evening

  While exploring the town today looking for ways to make money two jobs presented themselves. The first I found right outside the Goldcloak tower on their message board. Apparently two Goldcloak members went missing in the woods and a 50 gold piece reward was offered for their rescue or recovery.
  The second was offered on the Blue Basilisk message board outside the Blue Basilisk clubhouse. Some Noble went missing and a 500 gold piece reward was offered for the recovery of his signet ring. Shakes the stock boy from Thornkeep Mercantile was there and we agreed to partner up to recover this ring and nab that 500 gold. This Noble apparently went missing looking for some place called the Accursed Halls, which sounded like a dangerous place to me. So I convinced Shakes that we should form an adventuring group and recruit a few more 'partners' for our cause.
   We decided we needed a tracker, a wizard, a healer or medic, and a warrior. We set off and accomplished each of these goals easy enough. We arranged to meet first thing in the morning to start our quest for the missing signet ring. Before I retire for the night here are some side notes on our current troop.

  The wizard we recruited is actually a sorcerer by the name of Draco. A fitting name for a Sorcerer methinks. And Probably not his real name. He seems a bit abrasive but tough.

  The Scout, Skylar, came well recommended by his superior. He seems quick enough and informed us he is an accomplished dungeoneer. Looks like a good addition to our party.

  The healer we signed up is a rather feisty Dwarven female by the name of Catosha. I took an immediate liking to her, much to the jibes and jokes of our other party members.

  Now for the Questionable member we have recruited. He is Obviously tough as nails. A half orc barbarian by the name of Morden. We have dubbed him "Morden Fodder". He is Huge, rude, crude, easily insulted and perfect for what we need him for except for one thing. He hates wizards and magic. Well it seems he hates a lot of things. He could be a valuable asset, but we will have to tread lightly around him.

  Shakes was the first member of the group I met and the last I will write about. He seems kind of jittery and I am not sure what he really does. Well if nothing else we will keep him around for comic relief as I find him very amusing. I might have to watch out for him as he seems to be the closest thing I have for a friend so far.

  This group gathered at an Inn called " The Green Forest Inn ",  run by a woman named Jahlin. The only thing that marred the evening was the fact that I was broke and could only afford a tankard of water, which was free. To make matters worse the half orc somehow got it in his head that I was paying for his meal, so I had to discreetly exit before everyone was done eating.
   I settle down for the night hoping tomorrow brings great things. It looks like we have a well rounded group. They were all suitably impressed when I told them how well I can shoot my heavy crossbow.
   Goodnight.

1 comment: