Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day One, Evening

 I arrived in town via caravan in an uneventful trip. I had 140 gold pieces to my name which was a graduation present from my parents. I asked directions to a place where I could outfit myself and was directed to an establishment called Thornkeep Mercantile.
 The stock boy was a shady looking fellow about my age by the name of Shakes. He was quick to shake my hand and very helpful in picking out my equipment of studded leather armor, a shield, Morningstar and a heavy crossbow. I was particularly excited about the crossbow as I graduated with a Marksman's certificate. I thanked Shakes for his help and went to explore the town.
 I was going to need work. And I was going to need it fast as I spent all my gold on equipment. I entertained the notion of marching right up to the Baron's castle and signing up as a castle guard, but decided to inquire around town first.
 Some helpful citizens pointed me in the direction of a mercenary guildhall called " The Blue Basilisks." I went in and signed up. I was given a bunk in room and was told the Captain would see me in the morning.

1 comment: