Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 50, Morning

  I woke up about a half hour before dawn, as I usually do.
  I did my exercises.
  I prepared myself for the day.
  This day I may die.
  If I do not post tonight it is because the baron killed me. Know that I did not go down without a fight. Since this might be my last day on this earth, I decided to to spend it traversing the town, drinking in the sites.
  In Goblin town I visited the forge. I bought the Goblin Lackeys an expensive lunch. Around the market I spread some of my new found wealth. People there love me. I can see adoration in their eyes.
  I know why the Baron wants to kill me.
  I know why he wants to kill us all.
  Our group has gathered many names. 'Champions of the Accursed Halls' and 'The Accursed Champions', 'Saviors of the City', 'Saviors of Thornkeep'. The list went on and on. I listened to them as I traveled about the town. There were whispers that the Baron would kill us very soon.
  One disturbing thing happened on my morning travels.
  A nursery rhyme several children were singing as they danced in a circle holding hands in the market. It went like this.
   "Here comes Mr. Jitters"
   "He is One of Unar's Hitters"
   "He will Smack your Sister, all Around"
   "Knock Your Brother on the Ground"
   "That's What Mr. Jitters Does!"
 The second verse wasn't much better.
  "Here Comes Mr. Jitters"
  "He is one of Unar's Hitters"
   "He Will Punch Your Mom in her Guts"
   "Kick Your Dad, In His Nuts"
   "That's What Mr. Jitters Does!"
 The third verse was the most disturbing though.
  "Here comes Mr. Jitters"
  "He is One of Unar's Hitters"
  "If He Shows, You better pay Now"
  "Or He Will Take, Your Family Cow"
  "That's What Mr. Jitters Does!"
  I had a very bad feeling that these kids were singing about my friend Shakes. I knew he worked for Unar, and I remember him saying something about collecting a cow from some old farmer, but I couldn't see my friend, who had risked his life to save mine time and again and vise versa, as the villain these kids were singing about.
  Oh well what do kids know anyways.
  Hopefully you see an entry from me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment