Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day Twenty Eight, Morning

  From troubled dreams I awoke with feelings of remorse and loss. I did my routines, but my heart was not in them.
  For today I would bury two of my friends.
  I only knew them for a little less than a month, but in that month we had saved each others lives many times and shared in each others triumphs and adventures.
  They would be missed.
  After my exercises, I dressed quickly and was about to leave for the Battle Temple, when I noticed something peculiar on my desk.
  There was a small jar, with what looked like a small piece of meat in it. I replayed in my head the events of the previous day following the fall of Mordin and Aramel.
  We had defeated the creature and Skylar made sure it was good and dead. We were unsure what we could touch in this room lest we be purged by the ghost demon Abraxus. We looted its corpse and the corpse of the assassin. The creature had a trio of wands, a couple of blank scrolls and a set of strange surgical instruments. The female assassin had a pair of punch daggers. A hand crossbow and three poisoned crossbow bolts. She also had a map and several notes on her person. We figured anything the assassin had and the creature had was good to loot without being 'purged'. There was a couple of bags of valuables in the room and several books on the table. The creature was obviously studying humans as it had various grisly parts scattered about his work area. On seeing this I remembered he had cut something out of Skylar. I went and found this and offered it to my friend.
  He said, "I don't want that."
  I said it wasn't wise to be leaving pieces of yourself lying around dungeons.
  Skylar replied, "So you keep it then."
  So I did.
  I used some preserving oil on it and now it sits on my desk.
  We collected Aramel's and Mordin Fodder's bodies and headed out to the museum area. Here we took notice of a large assortment of trophies that the wizard, Mer Anthomon, must have collected over his life. There were plaques identifying each display. This is what was there.
  Four Barreled Mithral Rifle: this was some sort of weapon
  Alien Fungoid Equipment: There was nothing here and we deduced these were the strange tools  the creature was using.
  Talon Of  Borva Dagain: This was some sort of three fingered combat glove
  Bloodstone's of Galtrax: 13 glowing red stones. These looked valuable.
  Dragonkin Saddle: This was a saddle for riding a dragon.
  Hungry Eyes of Melos: This was a tank of piranha like creatures that looked like eyes swimming When we touched the tank they all opened to reveal mouths and teeth. SCARY
  Minion Of The Black Pod: A large egg type thing. Something was moving in there.
  Banes Of Barad Shoal: 3 items, a spear, a stomach and a tan bag.
  Thystain Cat: An eight legged skeleton of some large predator
  Deactivated Alien Construct: This was a large mechanical thing in the center of the Museum
  We decided to leave the strange surgical instruments behind as to not invoke Abraxus's wrath and left the dungeon. We left the bodies of our friends at the Battle Temple with Brother Eldrest. It was with sad news that he informed us he was not of high enough standing to cast the spell Raise Dead.
  After writing this I shall go to bury my friends. I will let you, dear readers, know how the funeral went tonight.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment